Employee Appreciation Gifts
‘Tis the season to show your Nanny, Housekeeper or another member of your household staff just how grateful you are.
Often times, the first thought that comes to an employer is a cash bonus. If you’re thinking that, you’re not wrong – but it’s also not the ONLY option. The time-tested cash bonus is always appreciated and is the gift of choice for about half of Town + Country Resources clients. When it comes to holiday tipping, there are no hard or fast rules. What and how much you give largely depends on what you feel you can afford and the quality of service you receive. Employee appreciation gifts also vary significantly by the holiday you’re celebrating. For example, over the core holidays, a common practice is to give one to three weeks’ salary depending on the years of service. For recognition-specific holidays, such as employee appreciation day, or just general appreciation gestures, it’s common practice to do something far more sentimental, usually with a $50 – $200 price tag.
Sentimental & Unique Gifts for Employees
In addition to or in lieu of a cash gift, many families choose to use one of the following employee recognition ideas.
- Pick Up The Tab. Give them a night out on the town with a gift certificate to a special restaurant or movie passes.
- Deck Their Halls. Send a little holiday cheer their way with a wreath, floral arrangement or potted plant.
- Put It In Writing. Take time out to compose a handwritten note expressing how much your employee means to you, your family and your children.
- Share Their Passion. Let them know you’re interested in the life they lead outside your home with a gift that feeds their passion, such as a painting class, a subscription to a gardening magazine, or theater or event tickets.
- Let Them Play Hooky. Who wouldn’t love an unexpected paid day off?
- Get Personal. Traditional picture frames, key rings and bracelets become much more special when personalized with their monogram.
- A Moment’s Peace. Ahh, the gift of relaxation. Send them to the spa with a gift certificate for a facial, manicure, pedicure or massage.
- Send Them Packing. Help them turn their dream vacation into a reality with the gift of your frequent flyer miles.
- Child’s Play. Collaborate with your child to produce a homemade gift from the heart, such as a basket of cookies or a framed piece of art.
As you consider what to give this season, keep in mind that it is most important to show your appreciation for all that they do for you, your household and your family. After all, it is true what they say: It’s the thought that counts.